This is an emerging, rapidly evolving situation and the?Centers for Disease Control and Prevention will provide updated information as it becomes available, in addition to updated guidance. This website provides key EPA resources on the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
Information on Disinfectants
On January 29, 2020, EPA activated its Emerging Viral Pathogens Guidance for Antimicrobial Pesticides in response to the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19).
- List N: List of Disinfectants for use Against?Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Disinfectant Use and Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Frequent?Questions about Disinfectants and?Coronavirus
- Joint Guidance from CDC and?EPA on Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Information for Registrants for Expediting Emerging Viral Pathogen Claim Submissions
Information on Drinking Water and Wastewater
EPA is providing information on drinking water and wastewater to provide clarity to the public.?The COVID-19 virus has not been detected in drinking-water supplies. Based on current evidence, the risk to water supplies is low.
EPA Providing PPE
- OAR?Transfers Excess PPE
- Region 2 Transfers PPE to?FEMA
- Region 7 Transfers PPE to FEMA
- EPA’s Mountains and Plains Region (Region 8) transfers N-95 masks to FEMA
Coronavirus (COVID-19) News from EPA
Federal Resources Related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Coronavirus.gov: Public information provided by the U.S. government related to?Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Current?public health and safety information on COVID-19.
- USA.gov Coronavirus: What the U.S. government is doing in response to Coronavirus?(COVID-19).?View?en espa?ol.
- Coronavirus Guidelines for America: The president’s Coronavirus guidelines for America.
- Coronavirus Frequently Asked Questions: Interagency website, organized by the White House Coronavirus Task Force, for definitive information on the public’s most frequently asked questions.
- FEMA Rumor Control: A?resource helping the public distinguish between rumors and facts regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.